Friday, April 1, 2011

Just a short bit today...

As I expected, Chance Myers didn't make the trip to Vancouver yesterday. Not sure how long he's out, but his groin injury ruled him out versus the Whitecaps on Saturday.

And just one thing about how much has changed since OnGoal purchased the team. I went to the First Friday event outside the team's offices. I just thought I'd hang out and see some people I hadn't seen in a while. After I'd been there a while, Robb Heineman came up to me and said that if I traded in my Wizards jersey (I had on last year's dark blue), he would give me 75% off a new one. I took a while to think about it, if only I was trying to be mindful of what day it is. In the end, not being stupid, I took him up on the offer and picked up an indigo blue jersey, normally $70 for only $17.50. That's right, I paid less than what a t-shirt cost and got a new jersey. Sure, I had to give up the one I was wearing, but I didn't really have any sentimental attachment to it. And when else would a deal like that come along?

That's all for now. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment